ICBC (Asia) Internet and Mobile Banking Security Notice
Beware of unauthorized transactions and the internet/ mobile security vulnerability that hackers could use this vulnerability to trick customers into divulging their personal information. Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (Asia) Limited (the "Bank") would like to remind customers to pay attention to the Internet and Mobile Banking security, and recommend the following measures to protect your own interests. Please read our eBanking Security Tips to find out more.
- Do not disclose one time passwords (OTP) sent to your mobile or security device to others.
- Do not logon to your ICBC (Asia) Online or Mobile Banking through hyperlinks embedded in any suspicious emails, electronic communications (e.g. SMS messages, Whatsapp, Wechat, Facebook Messenger), social media ,third party websites or QR Code. Should always access to our Online Banking Service by typing our Bank’s website address www.icbcasia.com directly into your browser.
- Do not click on links from suspicious SMS, emails, webpages or social media pages/posts.
- The ICBC (Asia) mobile banking app should be downloaded or updated through the Bank’s website at www.icbcasia.com (eBanking>Mobile Banking) or via the Apple App Store / Google Play/Huawei App Store. Do not download and install the app from unofficial sources;
- Evaluate the requested permissions carefully before installation of the Mobile Banking app;Remember to install and update the latest security software to protect your mobile phone from hackers' attack.
Remember to regularly update your mobile operating system and maintain proper configuration of mobile devices (e.g. disallow installation of Apps from unknown source, etc.).
- Regularly change your Internet and Mobile Banking password and use difficult-to-guess password ,avoid using date of birth or telephone number as internet banking and mobile banking password; Keep your password confidential at all times. Do not disclose your password to any person, including Bank's employee.
- Prevent others from using your mobile device and application without permission, please ensure the lock function of your mobile device is working when the biometric authentication is activated to login mobile banking.
- Keep your personal information and second authentication information/tools (password token)/ Mobile Token in a proper way in order to avoid any misappropriation.
- Keep up to date with the latest Information and notifications, regularly logged into internet banking’s “Mailbox”and check eMessage sent by the bank;carefully review notifications sent through email and SMS to verify if the instructions were initiated by you.
- If you suspect any unauthorized use of your Internet Banking account or any abnormal transactions in the account, you should contact us immediately. Call our customer service hotline (852) 218 95588.
Protect your Personal Digital Keys; Beware of Fraudulent Links!Should you have any query, please feel free to contact our customer service hotline
(852) 218 95588.