Verified by Visa/MasterCard SecureCode is an online service designed to make Internet transactions safer by authenticating the identity for ICBC Credit Cardholder at the time of purchase, and create a level of trust and confidence in online shopping. The logo of Verified by Visa/ MasterCard SecureCode Service is to be displayed by participating merchants and will be shown to you during registration and each time you enter a password for authentication at the time of purchase.
Verified by Visa/MasterCard SecureCode Service is simple to use.
- Please note: cardholder should get a credit card ATM PIN for registration.
- Verified by Visa/MasterCard SecureCode Service registration is simple and free of charge, no need to install any software.
- If the credit card has not yet been registered, cardholder need to visit ICBC website and follow the steps below for registration:
- Each credit card is required to register once. Upon successful registration, cardholders can process Internet transactions at any time through Verified by Visa/MasterCard SecureCode Service.
- During online shopping, cardholders first select the items they wish to purchase and proceeds to enter Visa/MasterCard card number as part of the checkout process. Press "Confirm" / "Order" button.
- Merchant then will check and confirm with Visa Card / MasterCard issuing bank, and presents with the Verified by Visa/MasterCard SecureCode Service password request page.
- Cardholders provide registered Verified by Visa/MasterCard SecureCode Service password for validation.
- Card issuing bank then sends the Merchant a response to indicate that the cardholder has been authenticated.
- Then go ahead and process the transaction in the normal manner.
How to find out more
- Email us
- Call our Customer Services Hotline on 218 95588